Suddenly, my old workhorse HP 1120C printer will not print color - only black and red (pink). I replaced the carts, but it did the same thing - only black and pink. I googled it out of curiosity, and found the cure: soak the cart in hot water! Well, just the end actually. I did this (soak in very hot, almost boiling water, so that the end - the contact - is immersed - for about 30 mins or more), blot it on a paper towel and see if all three colors show. In my case, they did after the first soak. When dried, I put it back in the printer and voila, it printed in color. I have another cart. that I had discarded for the same reason. The yellow flowed freely from this cart, but nothing else. So it is soaking now, though the first soak did no good.

1/3/05 -
This one would not recover. But I did save myself about $30!

Comments

Popular Posts