Todo Lists Anonymous

I'm a to-do lister. I love them. I've made them since I was in grade schools, and unlike many, I actually use them. There is nothing more satisfying than crossing an item off a to-do list.

I have used Day Timers, Franklin Planners, notebooks, scraps of paper, sticky notes, and old envelopes. (They all work, by the way.)

In the digital age, I have used any number of widgets for my iGoogle home page, Microsoft(TM) Office's Outlook task list, and tested a number of other applications to manage lists electronically.

Now here is a new one that has caught my attention: gootodo. This web-based app allows you to create to do lists and then get your tasks (according to the date assigned) in the form of an email sent to your chosen email account.

To get started, go to gootodo.com and sign up for either a regular ($3/month) or free trial (10 day, 10 items) account. Now, create your task list. Each task has a date and a rank associated with it. So "Take out the garbage" might be for tomorrow, and might have a ranking of "1," gotta do it. But "Call mom" might keep til next week if need be, so while you might put it on tomorrow's list, it might have a lower rank. Also, if you don't complete an item, you can move it off to a future date, as often as you need to.

Each item has a summary (short description), and detail (longer description) - so you can glance at a todo just to see what's on your list, or you can review the job in detail if you need to.

Ok, there. I can now cross "write a review of gootodo.com" off my todo list!

Comments

Popular Posts