For Five Bucks I'd...

Ever have one of those goofy ideas for making money?

Mine was "permission." For a small fee, you could call me and tell me some crazy thing you wanted to do - chuck it all and move to a cabin in the woods; buy a new car; spend the day at home watching old movies - and I would give you permission.

I figured that often, that's all we needed to help us make a final decision. We were simply waiting for mom or dad or teacher or somebody to step in and say, "Permission granted."

If you've ever had one of these brilliant schemes, then you're going to want to check out Fiverr - the place for people to share things they're willing to do for $5.

It's really pretty simple. Offers are posted by most recent, or according to category.

To offer:
Name your service.
Share it on Fiverr.
When an order comes in, you're notified. Assuming you want to do it, you accept.
Your get a $4 credit on Fiverr once your work is delivered.
Collect your earnings via PayPal.

To buy:
Find the service you want.
Pay $5 via PayPal or credit.
Communicate with the seller, and be sure the service is performed. (Fixes should be done within the first 24 hours.)
Provide feedback and review to Fiverr.com

So what kinds of things are offered for $5?

On today's home page (which by default displays the most recent):
I will review your website and offer SEO advice
I will write your company name on my arm
I will create an Avatar movie portrait from your picture
I will leave flirtatious/didn't-we-have-so-much-fun comments on your Facebook wal
I will send you a postcard from Morocco by post
etc.

Predictably, some are fun and silly. Interestingly, some of them are kind of ok! Unfortunately, you can't solicit services, so let's say I wanted a target audience member to take a look at my website and give me feedback - I couldn't advertise for these folks, and pay a hundred or so of them to take a look and tell me what they think.

But the site is relatively new, so that feature may be in the works.

In the meantime, amuse yourself, or find someone willing to cut your grass for five bucks. That would be a deal!

Comments

Popular Posts