Cable App

Well we all know I have an iPad, and I've admitted that it's mostly for play.

And now I have a great new way to play with it - tv wherever I am, thanks to TimeWarner Cable's iPad app. Now, that does mean - where ever I am in my house. But that means I can be cooking, doing laundry, sitting on the patio, or even offer a guest the convenience of a tv in a spare bedroom by simply signing up.

What's required? Well, an iPad, of course. Beyond that:
  • Time Warner Cable video package at the Standard (Expanded Basic) level or higher
  • WiFi connection to Time Warner Cable Internet Service (Road Runner Standard or higher recommended for best experience; Earthlink High Speed or Earthlink Cable Max is supported)
  • Time Warner Cable username and password

Signing up couldn't have been more simple; download the app, and you'll be prompted to create, or access, an account. And that's that.

While there were a few glitches due to excessive demand upon launch, TimeWarner has 32 channels offered with this service, including Bravo and Discovery, among others.

Some people have said, so what's the big deal? I already have three tv's in my house. But I like the ability to move around my house without interrupting my program, as well as sit with my family (and a headset) while they watch one thing and I watch another. Based on initial demand for the app, I'm not alone in my thinking!

Comments

Popular Posts