ExhumeIt

I get regular email newsletters from such outlets as PC Magazine and Smart Computing. Useful information gathering is a lot of work, and I'm not too proud to admit I'll let someone else do that work for me when I can!

Scanning the headlines of a PC Magazine newsletter recently, I came across a report on a product that I wish I had had many, many times in the past!

If you're a regular computer user, you know that awful feeling of "oh no what did I do I just hit delete and I meant to hit save!" Sometimes that simple action can lose hours of your work. Many programs have built-in recovery features, and sometimes you can hunt around for an auto-save.

This program goes directly into the FAT, FAT32, and NTFS (file allocation tables)partitions and recovers the files directly - assuming nothing has been written over that location.

I have used file recovery programs in the past, and they are not always the easiest thing to understand, and can often take a long time to work. As the application reviewer at PC Magazine tells us, "ExhumeIt is very easy to use. Once it's running, simply select a drive/partition and click the Analyze button. ExhumeIt will scan the partition for deleted files. Scanning times will vary based on the size and type of partition. If the partition is formatted with NTFS, the analysis should be very quick (ExhumeIt uses an advanced driver to read NTFS partitions)."

The program is a bargain $7.97 to download. To read the full article, and download the application, go here!

Comments

Popular Posts