Gmail is Blue and Better Than Ever!

I love Google, and most of what they do.  So the other night, when I saw a little announcement on my Gmail that Google was introducing a new version of Gmail - Gmail Blue - I was excited to find out what they'd come up with.

It took me a couple of days to get around to finally clicking through to the Gmail Blue Blog, where a nice blue video screen waiting to explain it all to me.

In that hyper-zealous, multi-shot, quick edit style that is so classically corporate America, Gmail spokespersons explained the concept.

It's Gmail, only blue.

Ok.

It seems that this was the intent for Gmail all along, but the technology wasn't there. They needed to make it intimate, intuitive, realistic and organic? Could this be *my* Google using dopy tech words like that? No, say it ain't so!

They were faced, explained the CFO-from-Central-Casting type, with the challenge of completely redesigning Gmail while at the same time keeping it exactly the same.

All the little underlines and links? They're blue. But wait, aren't they already? What?

When you start typing? It'll be blue. You don't have to make it blue, it already is blue.

What's going on here? They experimented with different colors, orange, brown (a disaster), red. Blue just worked. It's the color of nature, the sky, the ocean, Blue Whales.

Wait a sec... I had forgotten the date. And who can blame me, nature pranked us on April first with a snow storm. And just for good measure, another one yesterday. It now being April third, the significance of April first didn't hit me til the last line of the video. Ok. April Fools Day.

Now I have another reason to love Google. They're funny. They're really funny.

Get the "blue" experience:

http://gmailblog.blogspot.com/2013/03/introducing-gmail-blue.html

Comments

Anonymous said…
It's the best time to make some plans for the future and it's tіmе to be hapрy.

I have reaԁ this poѕt and іf I could I desire tο ѕuggеst you some intеresting
things or aԁvicе. Maybe you сan wrіte nеxt articles rеferгing to
thiѕ article. I wish to гead moгe things аbout it!


Ϻy web pagе; jerrod6age.modwedding.com/diary
Anonymous said…
Hi! Someonе in my Facebook gгoup shared this webѕite with us so I came tο gіve it
a look. I'm definitely loving the information. I'm
bookmaгking and wіll be tweeting this to my followегs!
Exceрtional blog and outstanding design and
style.

Мy websіte; Chemietoilette

Popular Posts