Google Notebook

Here's a recent Google innovation sure to delight anyone who does research on the web: Google Notebook allows users to surf and take notes - without leaving the context of the web search to "jot down" findings, images, links, etc.

To use Google Notebooks, you'll have to download the applet. Once done, you can launch a notebook from within your "My Notebook" interface (you can have multiple notebooks so you can segregate by topic), or from a webpage you are currently visiting.

For example, I googled "eyesight," and got to a website with some basic information. Right clicking the page offered me the option of Note This (Google Notebook). Clicking that option brought up a Google Notebook to which I could add the URL of the webpage, or selected copy/paste text from the website.



Jumping to another website, my Notebook followed along with me, so I could add further notes as I continued my research.



You can switch to any of your notebooks while you work, delete items selectively, and divide notebooks into sections while you work.

You can also print and share your notebooks, and import/export from Google's word processor and spreadsheet applications.

Comments

Popular Posts